for adding - on any package Contact us
About Gran Hispanica
World Book has partnered with one of the world’s largest and most respected Spanish-language
publishers to offer online the Hispánica Saber/Gran Enciclopedia Hispánica, a comprehensive
Spanish-language encyclopedia that includes over 100,000 articles; more than 9,000 images and
maps; and nearly 1,000 videos, animations, sounds, and interactive media.
Hispánica Saber/Gran Enciclopedia Hispánica is designed for native Spanish speakers, bilingual
students, and ESL or ELL program participants. This site’s sleek design and contemporary colour
palette invite even the most seasoned web user and its useful features are packed with information.
• Powerful search engine delivers optimal results
• Confidence-building Writing Centre helps students develop college-level
• Handy Research 101 feature complements library’s information literacy efforts
• Supported in major discovery products
• Easy-to-use citation builder, integrated dictionary, and similar tools facilitate research
• Extensive e-book and primary source collections for one-stop research
• Secure individual Research Portfolio accounts for students to store and share work
Other key features include:
Use the Navigator Visual (Visual Navigator) to explore the intricate connections among the
extensive material available online. Next to each icon in the search results, the plus sign enables
the user to view related topics; the document icon opens the article on the topic. This unique
feature adds a strong visual connection to the content. The Atlas feature contains a search
engine to pinpoint locations and offers these types of maps:
• Mapa físico (Physical map)
• Mapa político (Political map)
• Mapa físico-político (Physical and political map)
• Superficie lunar (Lunar surface map)
• Climático (Climate map)
• Vegetación (Vegetation map)
• Lenguas del mundo (World language map)
• Tectónica de placas (Tectonic plate map)
• Imagen satélite (Satellite image map) Hispánica Saber Gran Enciclopedia Hispánica
Hispánica Saber/Gran Enciclopedia Hispánica features a broad range of tools to help Spanish
speakers navigate the massive information database.
• Ayuda Escolar (Academic Support) sections detail various curricular topics in depth,
forstudents ranging in age from 8 to 18.
• Aprende a Buscar (Learn to Search) feature explains how to search for information both on-
• Eco-consejos (Eco-Advice) section provides helpful tips on how to live a greener existence—
a hot topic in today’s world.
• Citas y frases (Quotes) section compiles a wealth of quotable information from important
names throughout history. This feature is alphabetized by topic or theme and can be searched
(011) 622 3431
69 9th Avenue
Our vision is to empower libraries through the continued development
of user-friendly, international-standard and quality library automation & management software.
Recent Blog Posts
Copyright © 2006-2017 Libwin Library Systems CC