R 5 197.39
About This Encyclopedia
What's New ?
World Book Discovery Encyclopedia - A Great Encyclopedia for Young Students!
Sporting an inspiring new Spinescape binding, World Book’s popular Discovery Encyclopedia is filled with updated content, eye-catching visuals, and information-rich special features. The Discovery Encyclopedia is ideal for introducing important research skills to young readers and visual learners of all ages. Thousands of colourful illustrations, diagrams, and maps enrich articles and special features relevant to school curriculums. This is a great reference set for students, and will make a wonderful addition to your library, school or family collection!
Complimentary copy of Learning Through Exploration with purchase of Discovery Encyclopedia Set
The World Book Discovery Encyclopedia is designed to help meet research standards for students in early grades. Learning Through Exploration supports information literacy instruction, with questions designed to help students practice and apply research skills using features of the Discovery Encyclopedia. Activity sheets challenge students to answer questions using features like charts, time-lines, maps, cross-references, and illustrations. Includes an answer key and suggested follow-up activities. World Book also offers a complimentary online version of Learning Through Exploration and other activity guides that align with the revised Student Discovery Encyclopedia
New in this edition of World Book's Award Winning Discovery Encyclopedia Set
• Updated U.S. state and city and Canadian province and city population data
• Revised state and provincial flags and seals
• 2012 U.S. presidential election results
• Updated global population data and maps
Key features of the World Book Discovery Encyclopedia Set
• Elements found in adult reference books, such as cross-references, guide words,
pronunciation guides, atlas, and an index, help develop necessary research skills
• Entries chosen with the advice and assistance of teachers, school librarians, readability
specialists, and other educators
• Articles that engage learners of all ages, including those in adult education and
• A cumulative index and an atlas of world maps in volume 13
• Alphabetical arrangement and bold, clean design help readers find topics easily
• Maps, tables, charts, and diagrams are clear and easy to understand
• Dozens of beautifully illustrated special articles on such high-interest topics as
dinosaurs, human body, endangered species, Internet, moon, rain forests, and
(011) 622 3431
69 9th Avenue
Our vision is to empower libraries through the continued development
of user-friendly, international-standard and quality library automation & management software.
Recent Blog Posts
Copyright © 2006-2017 Libwin Library Systems CC