for adding-on any package Contact us
2 - 3
World Book Discover is a differentiated learning site with engaging reference resources for students.
World Book Discover is a differentiated learning tool with engaging reference resources for students reading below grade level because of language or learning difficulties, including reluctant readers, ELL, ESL, and adult literacy students. World Book Discover includes reference articles, text-to-speech capabilities, learning and life skills activities, research and translation tools, multimedia, and interactive video to draw students with differentiated learning abilities into curriculum-related topics and subjects.
The World Book differentiated learning site’s easy-to-understand content helps older students grasp important concepts and succeed at their grade level. Correlations to state and provincial curriculum and achievement standards make World Book Discover ideal for classroom work, homework, projects, and general reference inquiries.
World Book Discover helps develop research skills by providing users with such research tools as Timeline and citation builders. The "How to Do Research" feature provides tutorials and exercises on 21st century information literacy skills. The student section provides a step-by-step tutorial for the research process, including how to find and evaluate print and digital information, how to organize and cite sources, and templates for research papers.
A unique feature of World Book’s differentiated learning site is the series of World Book Explains videos. The videos in this series feature experts answering questions on high-interest topics drawn from the curriculum and from students themselves.
• Easy-to-read articles on topics of interest to middle- and high-school student including reading
comprehension questions to help students focus on key concepts
• A well-organized interface, easy-to-understand content, and useful activities help older students grasp
important concepts and succeed at their grade level
• English text-to-speech feature allows students to hear articles read aloud, increasing accessibility,
comprehension, and vocabulary mastery
• Individual accounts allow students to save and annotate their research
• Life skills section helps users navigate financial, health, housing, and employment issues
• World Book Explains video series features experts answering students' questions on high-interest topics
(011) 622 3431
69 9th Avenue
Our vision is to empower libraries through the continued development
of user-friendly, international-standard and quality library automation & management software.
Recent Blog Posts
Copyright © 2006-2017 Libwin Library Systems CC